Friday, January 14, 2011

Mamma's Hope


Chubby fingers and a dirty nose

Cries for milk and help with clothes


Worn out jeans and big eyes blue

Needs a haircut and to tie his shoe


Velvet skin and sucks his thumb

Wants tummy full and a freshened bum


Long, gold hair and clothes just so

Yearns to text and go, go, go



Comb that hair; change those clothes

Take your pills; stop picking your nose


Eat your veggies; do your chores

Brush your teeth and don’t slam doors


Spit up dinner; pants on tight

Please, oh please, sleep through the night


Wash the dishes; do not talk trash

Put down the phone and leave my cash



Fill my arms; ease my fears

Justify my work and tears


Soak up life; stop to pray

Ask for help along the way


Be good, be strong, be brave and kind

Never leave your soul behind


Hold my hand and learn to dance

Give my life significance

No comments:

Post a Comment